Met Office informed that another strong westerly wave is likely to enter in Pakistan from 21st March and likely to grip most parts of the country on 22nd March. Under the influence of this weather system:
- Balochistan: Widespread rain-wind/thunderstorm with isolated heavy falls is expected in Quetta, Zhob, Ziarat, Khuzdar, Sibbi, Naseerabad, Jaffarabad, Dera Bugti, Barkhan, Harnai, Chaman, Pishin, Qilla Saifullah, Qillah Abdullah, Dalbandin, Nokkundi, Panjgur, Kalat, Gwadar, Lasbella, Makran Coast. from 21st (evening/night) to 24th March.
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa: Widespread rain-wind/thundershower with scattered heavy falls (isolated hailstorm) is expected in Chitral, Dir, Swat, Mansehra, Abbottabad, Kohistan, Shangla, Buner, Haripur, Karak, Peshawar, Kohat, Charsada, Nowshera, Swabi, Bajaur, Kurram, Waziristan, Mohmand, Bannu and Dera Ismail Khan from 21st to 24th March.
- Kashmir & Gilgit-Baltistan: Widespread rain-wind/thunderstorm (with scattered heavy falls & hailstorm) is expected in Kashmir (Neelum valley, Muzaffarabad, Poonch, Hattian, Bagh, Haveli, Sudhanoti, Kotli, Bhimber, Mirpur), While isolated Rain-wind/thunderstorm in Gilgit-Baltistan (Diamir, Astore, Ghizer, Skardu, Hunza, Gilgit, Ghanche, Shigar) from 21st to 24th March.
- Punjab/Islamabad: Widespread rain-wind/thundershower with scattered heavy falls (isolated hailstorm) is expected in Murree, Galliyat, Islamabad, Rawalpindi, Attock, Chakwal, Jhelum, Gujranwala, Gujrat, Hafizabad, Mandi Bahauddin, Sialkot, Narowal, Lahore, Toba Tek Singh, Sheikhupura, Nankana Sahib, Khushab, Mianwali, Sargodha, Dera Ghazi Khan, Bhakkar, Layyah, Kot Addu, Multan, Bahawalpur, Bahawalnagar, Rahim Yar khan, Sahiwal, Faisalabad, Okara, Kasur. from 21st to 24th March.
- Sindh: Scattered rain-wind-dust/thunderstorm with isolated hailstorm is expected in Sukkur, Jacobabad, Larkana, Hyderabad, Sanghar, Mithi, Thatta, Badin, Shaheed Benazirabad, Mirpurkhas, Dadu and Karachi from 21st to 23rd March.
- Strong wind & Hailstorm may cause damage to loose infrastructure and standing crops in the country.
- Heavy Rains may cause Flash Floods in Quetta, Chaman, Pishin, Barkhan, Musakhel, Kalat, Khuzdar, Naseerabad, Jaffarabad, Kohlu, Zhob, Sibbi, Turbat, Awaran, Panjgur, Hill torrents of D.G Khan on 22nd and 23rd March while in Dir, Swat, Kohistan, Nowshera, Mardan, Waziristan, Bajur, Islamabad/Rawalpindi and Kashmir and Urban flooding in Peshawar, Islamabad/Rawalpindi & Lahore on 23rd and 24th March.
- Landslides may occur in hilly areas of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Gilgit-Baltistan, Kashmir, Murree and Galliyat during the forecast period.
- Day temperature is likely to fall significantly during the spell.
- Tourists are advised to remain more cautious during the forecast period.
NOTE: All concerned authorities are advised to remain “ALERT” to avoid any untoward situation during the forecast period.