Rain-snowfall over the hills predicted in Balochistan on Wednesday and Thursday
Met Office informed that a westerly wave is likely to enter North Balochistan on 18th January, and produce rain/snowfall in parts of Balochistan till 19th January. Under the influence of this weather system:
- Rain/snowfall (isolated heavy fall) is expected in Quetta, Zhob, Barkhan, Ziarat, Chaman, Pishin, Nokkundi, Dalbandin, Harnai, Qilla Saifullah, Qilla Abdullah, Muslim Bagh, Kalat, Khuzdar, Turbat, Panjgur and Makran coast on 18th & 19th January.
- Partly cloudy to cloudy weather conditions in other parts of the country.
- Another weather system is likely to approach upper parts of the country from 21st January
- Moderate with isolated heavy fall/snowfall may disrupt and cause closure of roads in parts of North Balochistan.
- Tourists are advised to remain extra cautious during the spell
- Rain will be beneficial for the crops and orchards in Balochistan.
- Temperatures are likely to fall significantly during and after the spell
NOTE: All concerned authorities are advised to remain “ALERT” to avoid any untoward situation during the forecast period..
© IT Unit, Pakistan Meteorological Department