Met Office informed that a westerly wave is likely to enter north Balochistan on 06th January (evening/night), and likely to grip upper parts on weekend. Under the influence of this weather system:
- Light to moderate rain (with snowfall over the hills) is expected in Quetta, Zhob, Barkhan, Ziarat, Nokkundi, Dalbandin, Harnai, Qilla Saifullah, Qilla Abdullah, Chaman and Pishin on 07th and 08th January.
- Moderate rain (with snowfall over the hills) is also expected in Murree, Galiyat, Kashmir (Neelum valley, Muzaffarabad, Poonch, Hattian, Bagh, Haveli, Sudhanoti, Kotli, Bhimber, Mir pur), Gilgit Baltistan (Diamir, Astore, Ghizer, Skardu, Hunza, Gilgit, Ghanche, Shigar), Chitral, Dir, Swat, Malakand, Kohistan, Mansehra and Abbottabad from 07th to 09th January.
- Light rain is also expected in Islamabad, Pothohar region, Charsada, Bajaur, Kurram, Waziristan and Kohat during the weekend.
- Rain will be beneficial for the standing crops specially in Barani areas
- Foggy conditions are likely to reduce during the forecast period
- Day temperatures are likely to fall (05-07) °C during the wet spell
- Snowfall may disrupt normal vehicular traffic in mountainous/hilly areas
- Possibility of landslides in Kashmir and Gilgit Baltistan can’t be ruled out due to which blockage of roads may occur during the forecast period
NOTE: All concerned authorities are advised to remain cautious to avoid any untoward situation during the forecast period.