Rain-snowfall over the hills predicted in Upper parts of the country
Met Office informed that after a long dry spell, a westerly wave has entered in Northwestern parts of Balochistan and likely to grip upper and central parts of the country on 28th (night) and may persist till 29th December. Under the influence of this weather system:
- Rain (with snowfall over the hills) is expected in Quetta, Zhob, Barkhan, Ziarat, Nokkundi, Dalbandin, Harani, Qillah Saifullah, Qillah Abdullah, Chaman, Pishin, Gwadar, Jiwani, Turbat, Panjgur, Kalat, Khuzdar, Sibbi, Naseerabad and Lasbella on 27th (evening/night) to 29th December.
- Light to moderate rain (with snowfall over the hills) is also expected in Kashmir, Gilgit Baltistan, Chitral, Dir, Swat, Malakand, Kohistan, Mansehra, Abbottabad, Haripur, Mardan, Peshawar, Charsadda, Bajaur, Kurram, Waziristan, Kohat, Sargodha, Islamabad, Murree, Galiyat and Pothohar region on 28th (night) and 29th December.
- Light rain is also expected in Sukkur, Larkana, Jacobabad, Dera Ghazi Khan, Rajanpur, Gujranwala, Sialkot, Lahore, Sheikhupura, Faisalabad, Multan, Bahawalpur, Rahimyar Khan and Bhakkar during the period.
- Rain will be beneficial for the standing crops specially in Barani areas.
- Foggy conditions are likely to subside during the forecast period.
- Day temperatures are likely to fall (05-07) °C during the wet spell.
- Snowfall may disrupt normal vehicular traffic in mountainous/hilly areas.
© IT Unit, Pakistan Meteorological Department