More Monsoon Rain predicted during Eid Holidays
Met Office informed that monsoon currents are continuously penetrating in the country and likely to weaken during next 24 hrs and may strengthen in the country during the weekend (09th/10th July). Under the influence of this weather system:
- More rain-wind/thundershower is expected in Islamabad, Kashmir, Swat, Mansehra, Kohistan, Abbottabad, Haripur, Peshawar, Mardan, Swabi, Nowshera, Kurram, Kohat, Mianwali, Sargodha, Hafizabad, M. B Din, Rawalpindi, Murree, Attock, Chakwal, Jhelum, Sialkot, Narowal, Lahore, Gujranwala, Gujrat, Sheikhupura, Faisalabad, Jhang, Sahiwal, Okara from 09th to 12th July with occasional gaps.
- Heavy rainfall is also expected in Kashmir, Murree, Galiyat, Peshawar, Mardan, Kurram, Dir, Mansehra, Abbottabad, Islamabad, Potohar region, Gujranwala, Sialkot, Hafizabad, Lahore, Faisalabad and Sargodha on 9th & 10th July.
- Rain-wind/thundershower (with isolated heavy falls) is expected in Mirpurkhas, Dadu, Karachi, Hyderabad Thatta, Badin, Zhob, Ziarat, Barkhan, Loralai, Bolan, Kohlu, Quetta, Kalat, Khuzdar, Lasbella, Awaran, Naseerabad, Sibbi, Panjgur, Turbat) during 08th and 09th July.
- Heavy falls may generate urban flooding in Rawalpindi/Islamabad, Peshawar, Faisalabad, Lahore, Gujranwala and Sialkot on 09th & 10th July.
- Flash flooding is also expected in local Nullahs of Islamabad/Rawalpindi, Kashmir, Bolan, Kalat, Khuzdar and Lasbella during the forecast period.
- Rainfall may trigger landslides in Kashmir, Galiyat, Murree, Chillas, Diamir, Gilgit, Hunza, Astore and Skardu.
- Travelers and tourists are advised to remain extra cautious during the forecast period.
NOTE: All concerned authorities are advised to remain ALERT and to take necessary precautionary measure during the Eid Holidays.
© IT Unit, Pakistan Meteorological Department