Torrential rains expected in the country from 20th June Monday (night) to 22nd June Wednesday, 2022
Met office informed that a strong weather system is likely to enter upper and central parts of the country on Monday. Under the influence of this weather system
- Widespread rain-windstorm/ thundershower (scattered heavy to very heavy falls) with isolated hailstorm are expected in Islamabad, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (Chitral, Dir, Swat, Buner, Shangla, Kohistan, Mansehra, Abbottabad, Haripur, Swabi, Peshawar, Nowshera, Mardan, Charsada, Bajaur, Mohmand, Khyber, Kurram, Kohat, Lakki Marwat, Bannu, Dera Ismail Khan, Waziristan), Punjab (Rawalpindi, Murree, Galyat, Attock, Chakwal, Jhelum, Mianwali, Sargodha, Khushab, Bhakkar, Layyah, D.G.Khan, Hafizabad, Faisalabad, M. B Din, T.T Singh, Jhang, Sialkot, Narowal, Lahore, Sheikhupura, Okara, Kasur, Sahiwal, Pakpattan, Bahawalnagar, Multan ), Kashmir (Bhimber, Kotli, Mirpur, Poonch, Bagh, Haveli, Hattian, Muzaffarabad, Neelum Valley), Gilgit Baltistan (Astore, Ghizer, Gilgit, Diamir, Hunza, Skardu) and northeast Balochistan (Zhob, Sherani, Musa Khel, Kohlu, Barkhan) from 20th June Monday (evening/night) to 22nd June Wednesday, 2022.
- Wind thunderstorm-rain is expected in Sukkur, Larkana, Kashmore, Shikarpur, Jacobabad, Shaheed Benazirabad, Dadu, Jamshoro, Hyderabad, Karachi, Dera Bugti, Jaffarabad, Naseerabad, Lasbella and Khuzdar from 21st June (evening/night) to 22nd June, 2022
- Heavy falls may trigger land sliding in vulnerable areas of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Galyat, Kashmir and Gilgit Baltistan during the forecast period.
- Heavy falls may generate flash flooding in local Nullahs/Rivers of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Punjab, Kashmir, Gilgit Baltistan and Northeast Balochistan.
- Heavy downpour may cause urban flooding in Peshawar, Mardan, Nowshera, Islamabad, Rawalpindi, Sargodha, Faisalabad, Gujranwala and Lahore during the forecast period.
- Windstorms may damage loose structures of vulnerable locations in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Punjab, Kashmir and Gilgit Baltistan.
- Travelers and tourists are advised to remain extra cautious during the forecast period and avoid unnecessary journey.
NOTE: All the concern authorities are advised to remain Alert and take precautionary measure during the forecast period.
© IT Unit, Pakistan Meteorological Department